Now the government is preparing to pull out the Chinese company Huawei from the 5G race

0
19
Parliamentary Committee meeting on 17 June on issues like Arogya Setu App, Data Security

Web4Study Network, New Delhi
Updated Wed, 01 Jul 2020 05:41 AM IST

Read Web4Study e-paper Free In
anywhere anytime.

The choice of millions of readers over 70 years

Listen to the news

On the economic front, the Modi government, which is responding to the tension on the border in eastern Ladakh, is now ready to give another blow to China. Chinese company Huawei will be excluded from the 5G race after 59 Chinese apps were banned.

According to sources, in the meeting of senior ministers led by Home Minister Amit Shah, there has been an in-principle agreement to remove Huawei from the 5G spectrum auction. This decision has been taken for security reasons in the meeting held late on Monday. Earlier on 31 December last year, the High Level Committee on Trial opposed Huwave’s participation. The committee had foreseen the leak of sensitive information in view of the company’s close ties with the Chinese military and the government.

Emphasis on reducing TV-AC imports

  • In the meeting of Home Minister Shah, there was a discussion on reducing the import of 10 to 12 products including TV and AC.
  • To encourage domestic manufacturing, the government wants to reduce the import of TV and AC components.
  • Preparations are on to promote local manufacturing of steel, aluminum and footwear.
Instructions to Internet provider companies, block Chinese app immediately

After the ban on 59 Chinese apps, the central government has directed all the companies providing internet services to block them immediately. In the order issued by the Ministry of Telecommunication on Tuesday, the list of 35 and 24 apps has been submitted to the internet service providers. Earlier, the TickTalk app was removed from Google Play and Apple App Store on Tuesday. Sources say, TickTock itself has removed the app from these stores.

The Chinese government has been stung by the ban on apps. Chinese Foreign Minister’s spokesman Lao Lijian said, “We are concerned about India’s move and are reviewing the situation.” The Chinese government always tells its businessmen to follow international and local regulations.

Ban violates WTO rules: Ji Rong
The Chinese Embassy in New Delhi has reacted strongly to the ban. Embassy spokesman Ji Rong said, China is concerned about India’s action and opposes it. This is a violation of World Trade Organization (WTO) rules. Rong said, the apps that are banned have a large number of users in India. All the apps were strictly following Indian law and rules.

On the economic front, the Modi government, which is responding to the tension on the border in eastern Ladakh, is now ready to give another blow to China. Chinese company Huawei will be excluded from the 5G race after 59 Chinese apps were banned.

According to sources, in the meeting of senior ministers led by Home Minister Amit Shah, there has been an in-principle agreement to remove Huawei from the 5G spectrum auction. This decision has been taken for security reasons in the meeting held late on Monday. Earlier on 31 December last year, the High Level Committee on Trial opposed Huwave’s participation. The committee had foreseen the leak of sensitive information in view of the company’s close ties with the Chinese military and the government.

Emphasis on reducing TV-AC imports

  • In the meeting of Home Minister Shah, there was a discussion on reducing the import of 10 to 12 products including TV and AC.
  • To encourage domestic manufacturing, the government wants to reduce the import of TV and AC components.
  • Preparations are on to promote local manufacturing of steel, aluminum and footwear.
Instructions to Internet provider companies, block Chinese app immediately

After the ban on 59 Chinese apps, the central government has directed all the companies providing internet services to block them immediately. In the order issued by the Ministry of Telecommunication on Tuesday, the list of 35 and 24 apps has been submitted to the internet service providers. Earlier, the TickTalk app was removed from Google Play and Apple App Store on Tuesday. Sources say, TickTock itself has removed the app from these stores.


read ahead

59 App Ban: Stung China… said-situation review

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here